Friday, February 19, 2010

Times What They Are

I've been hearing a lot lately about how hard times are for some people and I got to thinking. Since people are having such a hard time, being laid off and the like, loosing their homes etc. Would it do any good to band together in out neighbourhoods and develop a commune style of living model? Like several families living under one roof?

I'm not proposing a communal living style associated with the hippies, free love and all that. But more like people grouping together to pool their resources. Maybe for suvivals sake their financial resources as well as their material resources. I don't know how this would look, but I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see how it would fly. Maybe someone with some more details could pick it up and run with it. I will try to add some more meat to this idea later.

No comments: