Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's been a while. I've been thinking of things to blog about, and struggling to think of things to blog about. I get a lot of ideas when I'm not at the computer, and when I do get in front of the computer, my mind goes blank and I'm staring at this thing trying to figure out what I wanted to do. It's quite frustrating you know.

I seem to have this problem of doing something productive on the computer. All of my life I've been interested in writing. About four years ago I discovered fan fiction.net, where you can write stories using your favorite media. Everything from books to TV to anime. Take your favorite characters and make up a new story for them. A lot of people have done a lot of creative things with this. So I decided to give it a try.

I started to write a story based on the TV show; Law and Order. Jack McCoy solves a case with some unconventional methods. If interested, look under the author name of MrTax57. The name of the story is Jack's Halloween. I wrote the first three chapters three and a half years ago. Then life got in the way, or writers block or I got scared of the feedback I was getting, it was good feedback too. Go figure.

So finally, last night I posted chapter four. But now its treating chapter four like a new story instead of a continuation of the old story so it seems like its in a different place or something. But so far chapter four is not with the other three. But I will post chapter five soon, and be finished with this story for now. I may leave it open to continue later or close it and be done with it, I don't know yet.

One of the problems I've noticed about myself is I don't take myself seriously, and if I do, it doesn't last long, or I let myself get distracted by other stuff on the internet. Second life has been a distraction for the past two years. I'm finally using that to try and get some writing done. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: