Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hello again. As I write this, I am trying to hasten my recovery from a cold with a cup of chicken broth laced with garlic and lemon pepper. Cheers.

What this post is, is a recap of news items that have caught my attention as significant for the moment. My main source is Google News.

Google News has been a staple of mine for a while. If I may betray my bias, Google has been my preference as a 'system' for a while. Simply because they have everything I could need under one roof; email, blogging (of course), Drive and their office suite, the play store, and the connection with Android. Now you can do all that on Apple, but the hardware is more expensive. It's good but expensive. So, for now, my setup is Windows 10 with Chrome and an Android phone.

Ok, to the news of the moment.

A tale of two conventions, the RNC and the DNC. Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton. In my opinion, the two most dysfunctional candidates that I've seen since I've been voting. Maybe Nixon and Carter come close, but I won't go there with them now.

Trump wants to make America great again because he thinks it has been downgraded by our current president, Mr. Obama. Initially, I would tend to agree. As a country, we've done a lot of great things and have a lot of exceptional people. We have also done a lot of questionable and controversial things, bad as well. But it seems those were the cards we were dealt and those were the choices we made in the moment for better or worse.

Lately, our choices have been getting more questionable and controversial. Our dealings in the middle east have only stirred up problems. We don't understand that region and interfering have hurt and brought bloodshed to us. Have we become that inept and uncaring? I don't have the answers, but if we want peace, we're doing it wrong. If we want war and chaos, then we're on a good track. Are we in control or are we being manipulated? If manipulated, then by whom?

Germany: Prime Minister Andrea Merkle wants to bring more immigrants to Germany despite the recent attacks in Europe. I don't know if they are being checked or what their policy is, but as a headline, it doesn't make sense given the recent past events and threats made and uncovered in Europe.

Well, I had some notes, but when the page changed, I lost them because I didn't save them. Live and learn.

That's all for now. Maybe more tomorrow. There is so much stuff going on. Leave a comment if you like, Thanks for reading. Later

No comments: